|CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP (Click for PDF version)
Application forms for BCCA Scholarship Awards (Click for PDF form)
1. The Chef instructor must be a member in good standing with the British Columbia Chefs, Association.
2. Students must submit a brief letter stating why they want to become a cook, why they feel qualified to receive a scholarship, their past cooking experience and their career goals.
3. Students must submit an official transcript of their school attendance and marks for grades 11 and 12.
4. Students must submit any relevant transcripts of achievement related to the trade (e.g. FOODSAFE Certificates, World Host Certificates, First Aid Certificate) and any evaluation by the industry (e.g. Career preparation program, ACE IT, Secondary School Apprenticeship).
Applications which do not contain the above will not be considered,
5. Students should have a good attendance record and co-operate well with instructors, staff and fellow students in cooking program.
6. Students should be accurate and skillful to the instructor's satisfaction and maintain better than average incentive.
7. Students should have a serious intention of entering the cooking profession.
8. The $600.00 scholarship will be awarded to the student upon proof of registration in a full time accredited post secondary professional cook training program within the Province of British Columbia. The funds will be paid directly to the college.
Up to ten recipients will be awarded. The student will also receive the first two years membership for the Junior Chefs at 50% off. A letter will accompany the award with all the instructions necessary for you to contact the BCCA. (Contact person and the amount of time you have to exercise the scholarship).
9. In the event of the student withdrawing from the cooking program, the British Columbia Chef' Association will withdraw the money from the college.
10. Scholarships must be used up within two (2) years of being awarded or the money remains in the Education & Scholarship Account of the B.C. Chefs' Association.
11. The student must be willing to participate in and/or volunteer with his or her peers at various culinary events or chefs' functions as needed from time to time. These may include participating in practical demonstrations, or assisting at food shows such as the Jr. Chefs' Hot Competition, the Healthy Chef Competition, Eat Vancouver, Eat Fraser Valley, Regional and Local competitions or international Chefs' Day, or the BC Chefs' Golf Tournament.
12. All applications have to be completed and emailed to
or mailed to BC Chefs ‘Association, Attention Scholarship Chair, P.O. Box 2007. Main Post Office Vancouver, BC, V6B 3P8.
13. All applications must reach the BC Chefs’ Association by no later than March 30th along with the letter that was mailed by the Scholarship chair.
14. Scholarship awards are held on the first Sunday of May. Please visit our website www.bcchefs.com
to get the exact location time and date.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THEIR SCHOLARSHIP.